What are you going to fill the voids with? Several things have been discussed here before.
I thought you had the 816s hooked up as surrounds?I have a pair of 416-8As I bought specifically for this build, but I also have a pair of 515-16GHPs currently residing in a pair of unused 816VIs that could be put into these boxes. I was going to start with the 416s, a pair of 908-8A's and a set of EV ST-350 "baby buttcheek" tweeters. However, I've recently sourced a set of 902-16As which I could use with the 515s to make a pair of 16 Ohm A-7s. So much fun down the road. However, I gotta get the structural work done, and at the current pace, it's still going to be awhile.
Just make sure you keep taking pictures so the rest of us can watch :-)
I forgot about the backs.As far as the port boards, I have them, and need to finish them up, along with the backs. I was also thinking of making some sort of sliding door for the port as to have a variable tuning device for them. Anyone ever try that approach?
An adjustable port is mentioned in "How to Build Speaker Enclosures" but on a very temporary basis. I would think rattling would be a problem on a permanently adjustable setup, such as a sliding arrangement.




Also been meaning to optimize the port size for about a year.

Bookmarks